Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

OOAKS '12

This weekend is the One of a Kinda Show at the Direct Energy Centre in Toronto and I had the pleasure of cruising the hall last night. I always love going to the OOAKS because you really see the hard working and talented artisans active today. The show has so much variety, you'll likely be surprised with a few things you find and enjoy! Here's some of my favourites of the event. 

Cori Lee Marvin, Preserved Light 

 My favourite artist of the show was Cori Lee Marvin. This watercolourist is a true master of her craft. I purchased a card print of the painting above and I'm just in love with it. Watercolour and Mason Jars, how can you not? Cori Lee has some pretty unique compositions, playing with fun animal expressions and situations. The humourous settings will catch your eye, but the talent will truly hold you attention.



Daina Deblette Scarola, 2012


My second favourite artist of the show was Daina Deblette Scarola. Her 6" x 6" canvas works were my show gems. I love smaller works of art for their compact size and instant punch! They prove that you don't need extreme sizes to create an impact on an audience. They're also extremely easy in transportation. Daina's paintings are mostly of surf scenes and lovely chroma rich sunsets.



Bike Wine Rack  by Jesse Herbert

This bicycle wine rack was one of the most innovative creations I saw at OOAKS. Jesse Herbert is the creator out of Montreal with this wonderful invention. I could see many, many hipsters of Toronto strapping this rack on their eco-friendly bikes this summer and why not? This is fun and practical. Great idea Jesse. 


1 comment:

  1. Loved the One of a Kind Show! Had a lot of fun looking at all the amazing pieces of art! One of my favourites was also Cori Lee Marvin. Her work is so detailed, precise and beautiful. As well, the sea shell jewelry was fantastic! I've never seen anything like it before!

    Thanks for letting me tag along! xx

    ReplyDelete